Join Our Newsletter Now
Evoked with the oriental finish, Asian-themed home is mostly recognized as tranquil and calm. It may look simple and easy, but creating one involves some passion for keeping everything in balance. Below are some tips on how to succeed in an Asian-inspired home, whether you want to showcase a Japanese, Chinese, Indian, or Thai culture.
1. A Neutral Backdrop. Asian design is composed of a diverse culture, nature, and some decorations to portray various arts and way of life. Hence, creating a perfect backdrop is one of the keys to highlight what you want to showcase. You may opt to choose a neutral background such as white, cream, or light colors such as grey or light blue so you can easily mix and match other elements of your home.
2. Keep Balance. Going through your designing process, you will always encounter the word “balance.” Keeping the right harmony between visuals, textures, and symmetry should not be under nor overrated.
If you have a single full wall, then you should add some touch of wooden floor, some glasses, or bamboo blinds.
If you have some large and bold furniture, then you should keep small for some, so it will serve as the focal point and never looks odd.
Always apply the idea of yin and yang where opposite forces, when combined, creates balance as a whole.
3. Organic and Sustainable Design. One of the appeal Oriental-design is the accent of some eco-conscious elements. So never forget to add some accents of rocks, stones, bamboo elements, traditional drapes mats, and potted plants that create a perfect atmosphere when combined.
4. The Oriental Decor. To keep a full finish, you should also add decorations or accessories featuring a specific culture. You may want to add some Buddha, Lucky Cat, some statues or artifacts, shoji, or some oriental parasols. You can also put some paintings and unique items that can serve as the centerpiece of every part of your home.
5. You can go minimalist. You can never go wrong with being minimalist. Inspired by a Zen theme, you can let your home stay clean and elegant. Asian-inspired homes don’t want any clutter and always encourages a balance between function and design. Create some organizations in your painting, some furniture, and some accessories or decors complementing each other.
6. Keep water. You can also incorporate some water features at your home, whether in the living room, entrance, in the backyard. According to Feng Shui, water signifies harmony, fluidity, and positivity, and keeping one can be a good option.
Put some Lilypond, Cascade, Caustics, or a pool in the backyard that also adds a piece of relaxation.
Ready to design your Asian-inspired Home?
Keeping an Asian-inspired home is somewhat tedious but always exciting. Let your home be filled with both rich culture and all the comfort you deserve.
You may want to check out our homepage to have some ideas on different furniture, decor, accessories, lightings, kitchenwares, and all your home needs!
Now that you have a new home – what’s next?
Maybe you’ve been checking out all the furniture out there to create a more inviting, cozy atmosphere and create an overall style that you prefer. I know that most seems excellent, especially when you see them alone or at a single piece, but how are you going to know that it’s the right one for your home? Here are some tips that you can consider before buying your furniture.
1. Asses your needs. The first thing that you need to do is to evaluate your needs. By checking out your family – then you’ll be able to know it. If you have toddlers or children who probably sit and spill drinks, then you may consider removable cushions. Or, if you have existing items, then you may want to blend it with the new one. By checking your need, you will not worry about exceeding your budget.
2. Blend with your theme. If you are thinking of whether having a theme is just an expense, then I’m telling you that it’s not. Choosing a theme will provide all the benefits in the overall set up. Once you have a theme, then you can easily select the furniture that will fit in. Let’s say you want to have a Zen-inspired living room; then, you may consider wooden elements or floor cushions. If you wish a Chinese-inspired, then you may consider showcasing a touch of Chinese art such as Buddha, pottery-related, or paintings.
Whatever your theme is, always choose the furniture that would complement it.
3. Check your budget. How much are you willing to invest? Always be reminded that these furniture prices vary depending on the brand and materials used. Genuine leather cushions and hardwood frames can have a higher cost than the others. Check your budget versus your prospect item. You may also want to check two to three store options to have a better comparison.
4. Check your space. Now take a look at your space. If you have a full and large area, then you can also choose a larger sofa. If you have a smaller one, then you may consider a leaner or maybe 1-2 seater only depending on your family’s needs. Don’t forget to consider its dimension as well as the traffic ways. You don’t want to be in bulk and be in a mess!
5. Consider the comfort. Remember that the primary purpose of your furniture is not just for aesthetic beauty but also for convenience. So never forget to consider the factors on how you’ll enjoy it. Let’s say you will be buying a couch; then, you need to check the seat depth and height, the cushion fillings, the back seat, and angle. You don’t want to be in awe only for the first time and regret it when you get home and sit.
Furniture is one of the key features of your interior. It is a focal point, so choosing the right one is a significant factor. And if you’re still looking for one, maybe you can find it in our store. Go, check out our featured items, or the furniture category and get the best that would fit your home.
Choosing the right lighting for your home is not just an ordinary task. By finding the perfect one – you can create the most serene, cozy, and whatever ambiance you want to showcase and feel.
Remember, your home serves as your sanctuary -this is where you find energy and a place of peace. And if you’re confused until now, below are several tips on choosing the right lighting for your home.
1. Know the types of lighting. Before even purchasing a new one, make sure you understand that there are different lighting types so you’ll understand where to use and place it.
Ambient Lighting – This lighting is the primary source of light. It can be the outdoor light, those coming from the window and the indoor lights, or the fixtures we usually use.
Task Lighting – These lights increase illuminance to let you accomplish specific tasks such as reading, writing, sewing, or doing your make-up. Task lights come in different shapes and sizes – you can let them sit on the desk, rotate, or mount on the wall.
Accent Lighting – These are the types of light that give attention to a particular place or item in the house, such as paintings, fireplace, or bookshelves. Sconce and chandeliers are several examples.
2. Know the different lighting category. After understanding light types. Then, you need to know that there are different categories. Here are some:
Vanity – This is a type of light fixture, usually called as “vanity bar” are mostly placed in the bathroom, or above a mirror. The primary goal of vanity lights is to draw attention to the focal point or the main spot.
Pendants – Pendant lights are usually called drop or suspenders. These are usually hung from the ceiling held by a cord, chain, or rod and installed in multiples in dining, bars, and sometimes in the bathroom.
Lamp – These are the most common type of artificial light. It includes an incandescent, fluorescent, and LED that are commonly used in most part of our house.
3. Consider the purpose and where to put it. Now that you know different lighting, then it’s about time to understand where and what to put. The living room is where you relax, welcome guests, and usually place for entertainment, then you can install lamps, chandeliers, and sconce. Depending on your mood, you can turn the bright light to a dim one.
For the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom where lights are necessary, you may consider LED lights. And you may also put some shade or accents.
For your walk-in closet, you may put an LED also and some vanity light above your mirror or your make-up corner.
Now, it’s time to buy!
By understanding the basics, you can easily decide on the appropriate lighting at your home. After that, you need to check some options on where to buy. And if you’re looking for one, you can check out our lighting category. We offer various options from classic, contemporary, or any theme you want.
Perhaps you’ve been thinking about buying a new mattress for a long time now. However, some hesitations are running in your head. While high-quality mattresses may seem costly, and you aren’t sure if it’s good or worthy or if it’s better just to pick the ordinary? So here are below reasons why it’s essential to invest in your home mattress.
1. Because you spend around ⅓ of your day in this piece.
They say that we spend most of our time at work. We spend around twelve to fifteen hours outside. Thus, one-third or an average of eight hours are spent on bedtime or on our mattresses. In this case, where we should be at our most serene and tranquil hours of our day, your bed should never cause you any back pain, has no dents or saggy areas, does not cause you any allergies, or maybe letting you feel some tired upon waking up.
2.It benefits your health in the long run.
Sleep is vital to our health. Like what they say, better sleep means longer life and lesser health concerns. Thus, your mattress plays a significant role in it. A high-quality mattress means a comfortable sleep, and a restful sleep means being more productive, functional immune system, better mood, and mental well-being and many more benefits as you go and fight the next day.
Wouldn’t it be great to have those benefits in the long run?
3. It saves you a lot of money.
While you may think that it probably cost you some, but let’s say you buy a cheap mattress at around 100 dollars, and after several weeks it’s already worn out or causing you some pain?
And then you repurchase another piece at the same price because, by this time, it’s causing you some allergies? In this case, you’re already spending 200 dollars.
While if you buy a high-quality mattress for around 500 dollars that can last up to an average of eight years, you’ll only having an investment of approximately 60 dollars per year.
Think longterm, and for sure, you’ll see the difference.
4. There’s no other place like going home.
For all of us who are working all day, experience to be along the road with traffic, and all the reports and deadlines that need to be done, we deserve to have our own place. A place where we can relax and find inner peace, regain and have full power the next day. Thus, our mattress does a lot of roles.
How great it is to rest your body in the most comfortable mattress you can have. Well, I can only say – it’s probably haven.
Ready to Choose Your New Mattress?
Like what I’ve said, investing in your mattress, is like investing in yourself. Having a good mattress is giving yourself enough rest, comfort, and a solemn place or sanctuary whenever you set your foot inside your home.
Decor2Style offers various mattresses from latex to memory foam. Go, see our mattress section, and have a look at which one is suitable for you.