Now that you have a new home – what’s next?
Maybe you’ve been checking out all the furniture out there to create a more inviting, cozy atmosphere and create an overall style that you prefer. I know that most seems excellent, especially when you see them alone or at a single piece, but how are you going to know that it’s the right one for your home? Here are some tips that you can consider before buying your furniture.
1. Asses your needs. The first thing that you need to do is to evaluate your needs. By checking out your family – then you’ll be able to know it. If you have toddlers or children who probably sit and spill drinks, then you may consider removable cushions. Or, if you have existing items, then you may want to blend it with the new one. By checking your need, you will not worry about exceeding your budget.
2. Blend with your theme. If you are thinking of whether having a theme is just an expense, then I’m telling you that it’s not. Choosing a theme will provide all the benefits in the overall set up. Once you have a theme, then you can easily select the furniture that will fit in. Let’s say you want to have a Zen-inspired living room; then, you may consider wooden elements or floor cushions. If you wish a Chinese-inspired, then you may consider showcasing a touch of Chinese art such as Buddha, pottery-related, or paintings.
Whatever your theme is, always choose the furniture that would complement it.
3. Check your budget. How much are you willing to invest? Always be reminded that these furniture prices vary depending on the brand and materials used. Genuine leather cushions and hardwood frames can have a higher cost than the others. Check your budget versus your prospect item. You may also want to check two to three store options to have a better comparison.
4. Check your space. Now take a look at your space. If you have a full and large area, then you can also choose a larger sofa. If you have a smaller one, then you may consider a leaner or maybe 1-2 seater only depending on your family’s needs. Don’t forget to consider its dimension as well as the traffic ways. You don’t want to be in bulk and be in a mess!
5. Consider the comfort. Remember that the primary purpose of your furniture is not just for aesthetic beauty but also for convenience. So never forget to consider the factors on how you’ll enjoy it. Let’s say you will be buying a couch; then, you need to check the seat depth and height, the cushion fillings, the back seat, and angle. You don’t want to be in awe only for the first time and regret it when you get home and sit.
Furniture is one of the key features of your interior. It is a focal point, so choosing the right one is a significant factor. And if you’re still looking for one, maybe you can find it in our store. Go, check out our featured items, or the furniture category and get the best that would fit your home.